RIEEA is a collaborative network of individuals and organizations committed to environmental education. We are a federally recognized 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Our individual members include educators, docents, and administrators from non-profit organizations, schools, universities, and state agencies. Our organizational membership includes schools, environmental organizations, and community agencies all working to protect, enrich and restore the world around us. We currently have over 35 individual members and 50 organizational members, including the largest environmental organizations in the state.
Meetings are held at 9:00 a.m. the second Tuesday of every month at various locations throughout the state. Everyone interested in environmental education is welcome to attend! Click here to view this year’s meeting schedule.
RIEEA promotes high quality environmental education throughout the state to increase environmental literacy of all children and adults.
Our Purpose is:
- To encourage and promote effective Environmental Education in formal and informal settings
- To provide a forum for members to study, discuss, and make recommendations regarding the environmental education needs of the state
- To develop public understanding of environmental problems
- To initiate and sponsor Environmental Education programs and services
- To gather and disseminate information on environmental concerns
Our Target Audience:
RIEEA works primarily with formal and non-formal educators because through our work with educators, we will achieve the broadest impact on the public at large.